Red Series

Friday 6 May 2016

Movie Love: The Jungle Book (Top Five)

Welcome to another edition of Movie Love. Today we will be doing things a bit differently. Instead of the usual spiel I will be doing a top five edition. I went to see The Jungle Book on Tuesday and had a wonderful time in the world Disney created for this big screen live adaptation. As you know I am both a book and movie lover and in Jamaica I'm happy to say that it's a treat to go out and see the latest batch of film releases in a theater with fellow movie goers.

Venue: Carib 5

So on with the show as they say.


Top

        Five

                Reasons

                              To
                              
                                   See

Official artwork poster of the film


1. With an in dept story line and computer animation that boggles the mind. Why not go see it. Trust me this one of the few movies that uses every bit of it's 3D price tag wisely. Plus for all those who had doubts that Disney's latest slate of live action of animated tales could anything but bubbly princess or other female led movies, be aware that it can. This movie gives me confidence that a live action Lion King can be done well and trust me, that says a lot.

2. Shere Kahn. Yes you need to go see a computer animated tiger. But he is so much more than that. This menacing villain doesn't even need to speak to be menacing. Just the very presence of this danger to Mowgli's life sends ripples of fear throughout the jungle and might just give you a chill up your spine in that dark movie theater.

3. The computer animation. Trust me whether or not you are a huge fan of computer graphics the story intertwined with this on screen artistry needs to be seen. The very fact that talking animals in a live action can be so amazing and realistic in a dark family movie in 2016 speaks volumes. Want to see something half as chilling as Shere Kahn? Just follow the monkeys.

4. Mowgli and the actor who plays him. This little boy has a bright acting future ahead of him if he decides to move forward. Who can believe that he even did some of his own stunts! 

5. Everything! This movie has received critical acclaim for a reason. The action, visuals, dialogue. Nothing is wasted and it is so amazing that I would recommend this to a blind person. Yeah I said I would recommend this highly to the blind. Best audio they'll hear on the big screen. Hopefully what I just said was not prejudiced. I do know that there are theaters that cater to the blind and even without some do go to movie theaters anyhow.

Thanks for stopping by and have you seen The Jungle Book (2016 film) yet? Has this post convinced you give it a shot? Have a great weekend.


13 comments:

  1. Yes, saw it a few weeks ago. The animation is mind-blowing. Oscar winning for sure. Incredible realism. When Kahn first appears, he's so real that his fur is even dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. This is one of those movies I think will still amaze you even after seeing it a thousand times.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen it yet but want to; sounds really good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely one that I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the wolves (obviously) and Baloo the bear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I had a Jungle Book book when I was a kid and LOVED it! I read it over and over again. It wasn't the original--some kind of Disney thing based on the movie, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if after the huge success of this one, the rival project will still go on, especially since it has been postponed again

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm scheduling it for this summer when I have some young visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you've got me wanting to see this movie even more. You know it's because of you that I got hooked on the series Grimm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. This is a great example of how CGI can be used to actually tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost saw it for Mother's Day with my mom and sister, but we didn't have enough time. My sister was basically begging us to see it because she heard how amazing it was. sound like it was!

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...