Red Series

Monday 21 September 2015

Everyday and September Nano

Have to thank Jay Noel whose post today I Can't Feel My Face inspired me to do a slightly longer post today. At first it was only going to be about my nano but now there will also be music. You all love music right?




I knew it, let's go!

A song that I heard over the weekend and got me thinking quite a bit was Everyday by ASAP Rocky feat. Rod Stewart, Miguel and Mark Ronson. How much do I enjoy and think about this song? I got to memorizing all these names by the second viewing (of the credits) on televsion. Yes I am still one of those strange people who keep forgetting to just go on Youtube. I did look online later but that was to check out what the song was about. Yes, still have not looked it up on Youtube but you can now with the video below.



I thought it was really brave of ASAP to use his own life as an example of how the rap game can go terribly wrong. I know others have done this but there is just something very genuine and personal about the video and it's lyrics. Drugs, alcohol and hard partying are not all fun and games and exposing this while being a rapper who does it can be both jarring and telling of the kind of person you truly are. This is a song that should go down as one of the greats. I have so many thoughts and feelings still swimming around inside me even now.



Oh and now Benedict Cumberbatch has truly been in everything including on my blog. Yay.

September Nano

Thanks to a lovely invite from Jennie Bennett to anyone wanting to join a September Nano I have two spanking new projects. Will not go into deep detail but I do need a little help. I have been jumping between titles on one. 

The quick tagline right now is: For everyone who hated Twilight or even liked it a little bit.

By the way I love Twilight but get the reason why some people don't. My novel idea was not inspired by that book but something in me told me that it could satisfy those who felt Twilight romanticized vampires too much or that Bella was...wooden.  

Right now I am stuck between three titles (A-C).

(A) My Vampire Ex-Boyfriend is Trying to Kill Me

The original title at the start but i started to feel that it was too one dimensional. Yes it is also long but so was the full titles of the Harry Potter books. When the book is awesome, readers don't care.

(B) A Bloody Gamble

Because it was a gamble if my protagonist would survive the change. Also I kind of wanted a title that left some mystery.

(C) Bloody Gamble

Same as B but without the 'A' since the book has the protagonist gambling on more than one thing.

(D) Broken Promises

Sounds more like a Lifetime movie so I am thinking no. Thought it was good for a second because of well..broken promises in the novel.

So what do you guys think? I know that I am being kind of vague but it is a paranormal YA novel and I plan to make it a stand alone. Also my protagonist is not going to be some kick ass one 'girl' army. She will need help and advice. Sorry but even Katniss had a mass of people behind her from start to finish. We can't all be Black Widow who can team up or go solo whenever.




Whoever made this poster, more power to you. You are awesome.


Thanks for popping by and this image below has nothing to do with this post. I just love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and if this is true I love Mikey aheam, Michelangelo even more. Have a wonderful day my lovelies! 



16 comments:

  1. Dig the poster!
    I like A Bloody Gamble.
    Drugs and drinking unfortunately come into play with many musicians. The lifestyle is what kept me from pursuing that career. (Now I play in a Christian band and don't have to worry about such things!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to stay away from drugs and alcohol as a child on my own. I just saw it and went...why do people do this? It can kill you, that's not fun. Thanks for voting on the title Alex and agreed that poster is amazing.

      Delete
  2. I hate word BLOODY so I'd vote for the A :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either B or C. If it's a vampire story, bloody fits well. (Maybe the person above wants sparkly instead?) The first one would be good if it was a comedy though. Like that zombie one, Warm Bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some comedic elements which is why the first title worked so well but it also limits the story to me since it eventually goes beyond the boyfriend. Sparkly, ha, no, no, never. Paranormal horror seems so hard to get a title on it. This is usually so easy for me. Thanks for the help Diane and Warm Bodies rocked.

      Delete
  4. This is hard, you know? But I'll go with A. I wonder if there are other books with a title even close to that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the title is quite in a category by itself. Thanks for stopping by Mckenzie.

      Delete
  5. Yea! We love music!

    And I vote for Bloody Gamble. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your audience are young females, a would be a light hearted title. Hey I am 59 and it appeals to me. However I think choice b is best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Bloody Gamble. Congrats on getting some writing done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Title A makes me think there's humor in the story. If that's not the case, I wouldn't choose that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quirky side of me likes A. But Bloody Gamble is good too. I suppose if the book is a serious book, go with Bloody Gamble. If it has humor, go with A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this one:

    My Vampire Ex-Boyfriend is Trying to Kill Me

    But I'm a comedic, lighthearted writer at heart...it has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer way of jumping off the cover at you and making you want to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your British and Australian readers live love the ambiguity of the word bloody in (B). So tell me... how come so many people love vampire stories?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What if you just went with My Vampire Ex-Boyfriend? I love the sound of your protagonist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm liking C the most. They really do need to make a Budapest movie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...