Red Series

Monday 20 August 2012

Fan Fiction: Love it or Hate It

I for one love fan fiction. I have several accounts on fanfiction.net alone. My currently active one Queen Datsuh was left in active for nearly a year since I was lost in buckling down to write my own fictional stories. But I'm back as of this month. I posted two new stories: Save Me - Teen Wolf and Love and Gang Violence - Avatar: Last Airbender. My stories often leap outside the shows original focus and takes these characters on very different journeys. I am also slowly updating my back log two stories at a time. My current two are I Hope for Freedom - Avatar: Last Airbender and A Living Nightmare - Naruto. The reason why I enjoy writing fan fiction is because it gives me the chance to write with characters I didn't create, put them in new situations and have others judge how well I've done as well as what they think of the character being plunged in a new environment. I just find it exhilerating.

So what do you think of fan fiction?

3 comments:

  1. I love fan fiction. Firstly, I think it's a great place for aspiring writers to 'cut their teeth' as it were. I feel like I wouldn't have grown confident enough to write my own stories if I hadn't written fanfic for five years.

    Secondly, it's an excellent hobby for those who enjoy writing, but don't have the time/ desire to devote to creating their own stories. I've actually read some exceptional fanfic.

    I still write a little, maybe 3-5 Harry Potter fest pieces a year, and I wouldn't be averse to going back to it if something inspired me.

    I get really bothered by people who look down their noses at others, and think fanfic is a waste of time. If it's not hurting anyone, what's the big deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sheena, I'm not crazy about it, but I understand how people can get inspired by working with character they already know and jumping off from there.

    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! New follower here... Wanted to come by and say thanks for your kind comment on my blog... And I've never read any fan fic, believe it or not! But I think if it gets people reading or writing, it's a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...